Early Modern Architecture explores global, interdisciplinary frameworks for the architecture (design, theory, and practice) of Europe and its colonies, c.1400-c.1800. This site particularly disseminates and fosters international scholarly exchange of innovative research and education. We seek to showcase new methodologies that link areas of architectural history, art history, and the humanities.
- Conference: College Art Association 2017 Conference [21 Oct]
- CFP: Kitchens and Kitchen Gardens in Britain and Europe, 1500-1950 [20 Oct]
- CFP: All-Ireland Architecture Research Group 2017 Conference [2o Oct]
- CFP: European Court Culture & Greenwich Palace, 1500-1750 [18 Oct]
- CFP: Seminar for Early Career Scholars in 18th Century Studies [17 Oct]
- Exhibition: Images of Architecture [14 Oct]
This Week on Tumblr
(Click on the image below to see a full-scale version on our Tumblr page. All images are in the public domain; more information on reproduction policies of particular collections is available here.)
Heraldic panel, Netherlands, 1620-5. White glass with silver stain and enamel. William Randolph Hearst Collection, Los Angeles County Museum of Art (http://www.lacma.org).
Recent News in the Field
At the end of each month, our weekly newsletter contains two or three news items about buildings, architects, scholars, or other events. A list of these monthly headlines is available here.